“By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes”
Under Target 4.1, the global indicator 4.1.1 encompasses the “proportion of children and young people: (a) in Grade 2 or 3, (b) at the end of primary education, (c) at the end of lower secondary education achieving at least a minimum proficiency level in (i) reading and (ii) mathematics, by sex”.
Measures which focus on children and young people are available, but technical issues remain. Notably, existing assessments cannot be compared globally and no consensus has been reached on a common definition of “minimum proficiency level”.
The experts in this Task Force are working on defining a common measure for the key outcome indicator for Target 4.1.
For more details, please see the Terms of Reference for Task Force 4.1
- Catalogue of Learning Assessment (CLA) , Version 2
- Global Content Framework for Reference (GCFR)
- UIS Reporting Scale with Minimum Proficiency Levels
- Anchoring Methodology for Interim Reporting
- Manual of Good Practice for Learning Assessments
- Basic Learning Assessment Module
- Basic Core Background Questionnaire